Viron Inverter Heat Pump
REGISTER your product to win a $100 eGift Voucher!
x10 winners will be drawn fortnightly! Promotion ends on 26 Jan 2022.*T&Cs apply
There are many things to consider before draining a pool, along with taking various steps to ensure safe and legal drainage. These include:
- How will you dispose of the water?
- You need to allow the chemicals to dissipate.
- Be mindful of any automatic timers.
- Be cautious of the weather.
- Make sure you have everything you need before you start.
In any case, we recommend contacting a local pool professional for help. However, you can drain and clean your pool by following these steps:
1. Rent or buy a submersible sump pump.
2. Set up sump pump and discharge hoses, connecting hoses to a sewerage draining point.
3. Lower the pump into the pool and plug it in.
4. Monitor the pool and discharge point as the water levels drop.
5. As the water level decreases, hose the previous water line to clean it.
6. Wait as the pump removes almost all of the water, draining the last bit manually with a bucket.
7. Blast any debris you can see with a hose.
8. Clean away any calcium or scale rings.
9. Perform an acid wash on your pool.
10. Refill your pool.
11. Turn on your pump.
12. Balance the water.
13. Use a robotic pool cleaner to clear any debris that may have accumulated during the refill process.