PRODUCT SAFETY RECALL: ASTRALPOOL GAS HEATERS.
AstralPool's new range of UV sanitisers harnesses the power of ultraviolet light to provide an additional layer of protection for your pool against microorganisms and bacteria. UV sanitation, when used as a supplementary sanitiser alongside your chlorinator, is one of the most effective ways to clear pool water of all contaminants. They are a fantastic and affordable addition to all pool systems and will provide cleaner, healthier water for your swimmers.
There are two models in the AstralPool UV range:
55W UV Sanitiser
110W UV Sanitiser
1. Reactor Housing - The reactor housing is the section of the device that physically holds the UV lamp(s) and quartz sleeve(s) and controls the flow of water through the system. AstralPool UV sanitisers are designed and made from UV stabilised High-density polyethylene (HDPE).
2. UV Lamp - The UV Lamps have filaments just like regular light bulbs, to produce electrical arcs that produce UV-C at varying intensity levels to disinfect water.
3. The Quartz Sleeve - The Quartz sleeve is a long, cylindrical tube of quartz glass intended to protect the UV lamp which is powered by electricity from the flow of water. The lamp is inserted into the tube and transmits the light through the tube into the water. Sleeves should be cleaned whenever the lamp is changed. It’s a relatively simple component, but it’s necessary to the efficient operation of a UV system.
4. The Ballast - The Ballast controls the electrical output of the lamp, and powers it to produce UV-C light. The ballast used on AstralPool UV sanitisers has been configured for UV lamps supplied by AstralPool. The energy consumption of the unit is lower than the wattage of the bulb due to the high efficiency of the ballast.
1. Kills 99.9% of microorganisms.
2. Easily installed inline, after the filter but before the chlorinator.
3. As UV takes care of killing 99.9% of microorganisms, less residual chlorine is required.
4. If less chlorine is required, the pH will not rise as quickly, reducing the need for pH reducers, such as acid. Fewer chemicals mean less salt, less chlorine and less money spent!
5. AstralPool UV sanitisers are non-toxic and can reduce the chlorine requirements of a pool. They also help eliminate sore, red and itchy eyes caused by high chloramine levels.
If you would like to know more about how UV sanitation works, check out the guide on our website. Alternatively, if you would like to know more about AstralPool's UV system or potentially have one installed, try connecting with a local AstralPool retailer or product expert using our Dealer Locator.